I’m a big fan of lists. I have lists in my notebook, on my computer and even have an app for lists on my iPad. Hey, I even have lists stuck to my fridge. But they’re not always to do lists. Sometimes they’re lists of interesting things!
So I thought I’d share this list of 20 things about Phantom Screens which was created for our 20th Anniversary. It’s kind of fun!
- In 1992 only 500 screens were sold. In our peak year Phantom Screens sold over 110,000
- We have manufactured over 1,300,000 screens in our 20 year history
- Phantom Screens has always been headquartered in Abbotsford, BC, Canada. It started life in 1992 in a single car garage. In 2012 our facilities now measure over 60,000 square feet
- 86% of our business is in the US
- Phantom Screens employs over 130 people during the course of the year
- The company has 105 distributors and has representation in every US state and Canadian province
- The people at Phantom Screens have raised over $200,000 for our corporate charities World Vision and the Cyrus Centre
- There are 13 nationalities working at Phantom Screens
- Phantom Screens now has international presence in Australia, the UK, Asia, the Caribbean, South American and Central America
- At full capacity the Phantom production facilities can make over 2,000 screens a day
- We used to have an office cat who lived in the finance department at the company’s headquarters. The cat’s name? Phantom
- Phantom Screens are available in 1,668 Lowes stores in the US and 180 The Home Depot stores across Canada
- Phantom’s longest serving employee is me!
- Phantom produces two models of retractable window screens, three types of retractable door screens for standard and large openings, as well as our Executive range of motorized screens
- The largest screen the company has ever produced measured 24 ft x 16 ft
- The farthest north a Phantom Screen has been installed is just outside the Arctic Circle in Fairbanks, Alaska and the installation which is farthest south is in Tasmania, Australia
- The typical Phantom customer is a 48 year old married woman, with a household income of $120,000 living in a 2,800 square foot house
- Phantom Screens is the largest manufacturer of professionally installed retractable screens in North America and has the widest range of retractable screen solutions
- Over 1,200,000 tons of aluminum is used by Phantom Screens every year
- Phantom is founded on four corporate values: to speak the truth, to serve each other, to pursue excellence and to practice stewardship
Executive motorized screens allow the fresh air in to this Vancouver Island home