We believe the best job in the world is the one that makes you the happiest.
Making life better is our mission: for our customers, for our employees, and for the people in our communities. In our most recent annual survey, 95% of our employees said they’re happy to work at Phantom.
We strive to not only be a good company; but also to be good to the community and society. For us, supporting charities and being part of a global community is in our company’s – and people’s – DNA. We serve the community and encourage employees to participate in:
– Fundraising events to support our two corporate charities – World Vision and Cyrus Centre.
– Volunteering our time for various community-based events, including food drives for the Abbotsford Archway Food Bank.
– In 2017, during Phantom’s 25th anniversary year, we raised over $150,000 for Habitat for Humanity’s Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Work Project building affordable housing for families across Canada.
– In 2021, Phantom held a haircut fundraiser, and raised $20,000 for a yearly scholarship at the University of the Fraser Valley, where students can learn the Halq’eméylem language of the Stó:lō people.
What makes us stand out?
At Phantom, we don’t just walk the walk, we talk the talk. Our core values aren’t something that are written for flare; they are demonstrated everyday by our caring, hardworking, and honest team members. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves, whether that’s with our products, our relationships or our business–and continually succeed in doing so.
Our team comes from a dozen different countries, bringing a truly diverse array of experiences and talent. We welcome applicants who are passionate about what they do, and who are eager to grow right along with us.
Why people love Phantom:
- Workplace culture that values meaningful work and developing and distributing a product we’re proud to share.
- Tuition reimbursement, ongoing learning opportunities and support for career advancement.
- Competitive compensation and group medical and dental benefits/insurance,
- Employee Care program and on-site life coach.
- Managers who value work-life balance.
- Regular team building and social events – everything from pizza, food trucks, barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
- Support for local and international charities, including World Vision and Cyrus Center.
- As well as… onsite parking, casual dress code, employee discount, profit sharing, and more
Please note that, due to volume, we will only reach out to applicants chosen for an interview. Thank you for understanding!
We’re looking for someone who is proud of their skills and takes initiative to make life better as a Production Team Lead for our Manufacturing area.
- Encouraging your team to actively participate in Phantom’s corporate values and departmental goals for quality and efficiency.
- Quality Inspections and audits, communicating for timely corrective action when required.
- Training in production processes, safety procedures and equipment handling.
- Collaborating with Production Supervisors and other departments to coordinate resources, share solutions, and optimize workflow.
- Monitoring and addressing issues with attendance, timekeeping, and scheduled breaks.
What you bring to the team:
- 2 years of experience leading a team
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (understanding LEAN is a plus!)
- Physically comfortable with the demands of a manufacturing environment (standing for long periods, lifting up to 50lbs, bending and stretching).
- Experience with hand tools.
- Organized, with strong time management skills
- Open-minded to learning and applying new concepts
- Solutions driven, team player who prioritizes customer service.
- Full-time Permanent
- AM shift is from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Opportunities for overtime
This role starts at $27.60/hour
If this role sounds like a good for you, please Apply Now
We’re currently looking for a Product Coordinator who values the same things we do; honest communication, excellent workmanship, providing top tier service, and taking ownership in their work. This position will report to the VP, Product Management, and provide support in researching market needs, and in coordinating and supporting various product innovation projects, such as new product development and improvements to existing product lines.
- Act as point person for scheduling, planning, and coordinating to meet departmental requirements for projects within the New Product Development process.
- Support continuous improvement of the process, including hosting product launch reviews and soliciting team input, and updating of relevant documents.
- Survey creation, distribution, collection, and collation (sales channel partners, or external market space).
- Assist in management of Product Offering Change Request (POCR) process, including follow up with other departments on active POCRs to support reporting initiatives and reaching upcoming milestones.
- Web and phone-based research (consumers, competitors, network partners, suppliers, companies in adjacent markets, etc).
- Create and maintain a competitor comparison information data base,
- Schedule internal meetings, and external meetings with network partners – live and online.
- Manage departmental document and data storage, including development of digital filing system for logical storage and retrieval of data.
- Maintain product knowledge and good understanding of the mechanics, purpose, value proposition, and functional limitations of all products offered.
- Understand current product offerings, including accessories and common non-standard offerings.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs and demonstrated accurate keyboarding skills.
- Comfortable interacting with stakeholders of all levels via in-person, phone, and online communication.
- Organized with sound decision making, problem solving and time management capabilities.
- Analytical skills with the ability to interpret information and use sound judgment.
- A keen understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality when encountering sensitive information.
- Equally comfortable working independently or as a contributor in a team environment.
- Able to travel within North America.
Pay Range: $60,000 – 70,000/annum
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please Apply Now
We’re currently looking for a Product Support Specialist who values the same things we do; honest communication, excellent workmanship, providing top tier service, and taking ownership in their work. This position will work on the Product Support team and provide field-training, troubleshooting and technical insights to our distributors, while maintaining collaborative and honest relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
If you’re a DIY enthusiast with above-average customer service skills, this is the perfect position for you. We need your technical interest and customer expertise here at Phantom!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical answers and troubleshooting expertise to resolve product problems in a timely, effective, and customer service focused manner.
- Collaborate with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Production) to provide information and assistance as needed to resolve technical challenges, and/or help to capture sales opportunities. This includes direct work with architects, builders and contractors.
- Assist in developing drawing details and documents related to assembly, installation, product development, and customer service, for internal and external use.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of all installation instructional materials, videos, training equipment, and procedures.
- Deliver live product technical training sessions, both internally and to our network, in- field or in-house, as required.
- Gather market intelligence on installation techniques used by the existing distribution network and competitors to identify and communicate product improvement opportunities.
- Complete field installations and on-site inspections of products.
- Assist product development to perform routine product testing (in-house and in field) by collecting feedback from external testing.
- Process Warranty and Sales claims; determining validity, assessing root cause of failure and assigning area of responsibility within set timeframes.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the product and participating in job-related training programs or associated personal development initiatives as required.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Experience in Outdoor/Home Improvement industry
- High School Diploma (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Post secondary education in mechanical design, building sciences, or related discipline is an asset
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude; ability to read and understand diagrams, plans and technical specifications.
- Hands-on proficiency working with a variety of building construction tools.
- Open to learning and professional development.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills.
**Travel Availability: applicants must be able and available for possible travel into the USA for tradeshows, distributor meetings, etc.
Pay Range: $60,000 – 70,000/annum
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please Apply Here
“What makes Phantom such a special place is the people.
From the very beginning, and right from the highest level in the organization, valuing of people has been an unwavering core value.
Because it is genuine and ingrained from the top down, it has attracted people who share those values, and the result is a company that has an incredible abundance of truly great people to work with.” Brent F. - VP Product (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2003)
“I am proud to say I work at Phantom Screens because the people here genuinely care about each other and it’s a fun atmosphere to work in. We have an incredible team that are dedicated and committed to working hard to achieve our goals. There’s lots of opportunities for advancement and development, and the variety of each job makes it great to work here! One aspect of my role that I really love is being involved in helping to create fun social events and fundraising opportunities that help “Make Life Better” for our employees and our community.” Dana B. - Manager, Office of the CEO (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2002)
“In a short period of time, Phantom has given me numerous opportunities to grow and gain valuable experience in my field. Every day I work with people I trust, people who are hardworking, and people who are easy to get along with.” Brandon F. - HR Generalist (Wearing the Phantom pants since February 2021)
“The best thing about working at Phantom is the people I work with every day. I feel supported, when I don’t know something, others are always there to help. The culture is so unique, so many people from different life experiences and the respect for those differences make up the fabric of Phantom.” Meredith C. - Business Development Specialist (Wearing the Phantom pants since June 2020)
“Having worked at Phantom for over half my life, I must say, it has always been the people, the family feel of the company. It really is a second home.
There are always new opportunities and an ever-changing environment. Phantom has helped me advance both professionally as well as in my personal life.” Leon D. - Product Support Manager (Wearing the Phantom pants since 1997)
“Supporting each other through friendly and constructive feedback, makes it fun to work at Phantom!” Pete P. - Product Engineering Manager (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2018)
“We have a great team of people who care passionately about their work and the colleagues. We make really cool products that people can relate to and appreciate. Working for a growing and successful Canadian Manufacturing company on our beautiful West Coast is a real treat. The thing I enjoy the most about my role is getting to see people grow and develop and helping them along that career journey. Phantom has tonnes of potential and I look forward to helping it achieve that.” Stephen H. - Chief Supply Chain Officer (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2019)