We believe the best job in the world is the one that makes you the happiest.
Making life better is our mission: for our customers, for our employees, and for the people in our communities. In our most recent annual survey, 95% of our employees said they’re happy to work at Phantom.
We strive to not only be a good company; but also to be good to the community and society. For us, supporting charities and being part of a global community is in our company’s – and people’s – DNA. We serve the community and encourage employees to participate in:
– Fundraising events to support our two corporate charities – World Vision and Cyrus Centre.
– Volunteering our time for various community-based events, including food drives for the Abbotsford Archway Food Bank.
– In 2017, during Phantom’s 25th anniversary year, we raised over $150,000 for Habitat for Humanity’s Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Work Project building affordable housing for families across Canada.
– In 2021, Phantom held a haircut fundraiser, and raised $20,000 for a yearly scholarship at the University of the Fraser Valley, where students can learn the Halq’eméylem language of the Stó:lō people.
What makes us stand out?
At Phantom, we don’t just walk the walk, we talk the talk. Our core values aren’t something that are written for flare; they are demonstrated everyday by our caring, hardworking, and honest team members. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves, whether that’s with our products, our relationships or our business–and continually succeed in doing so.
Our team comes from a dozen different countries, bringing a truly diverse array of experiences and talent. We welcome applicants who are passionate about what they do, and who are eager to grow right along with us.
Please note that, due to volume, we can only get in touch with applicants chosen for an interview. Thank you for understanding!
Experience Phantom! As an employer who genuinely cares about their employees, we are looking for people who want to work in a safe, clean environment and build a strong team with amazing co-workers.
Why work at Phantom?
- Competitive compensation through a skill-based pay system
- Group medical and dental benefits/ insurance
- Lots of career advancement opportunities
- Our employees are our family who are bound together by our core values, Speaking the Truth, Being Respectful, Pursuing Excellence and Practicing Stewardship
- We believe in making life better, so value work life balance for our employees
- Regular team building and social events – enjoy everything from pizza, food trucks and barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
- Employee Care program
- Onsite parking
- Casual dress code
- Convenient shift timing, with overtime opportunities.
We are looking for amazing people with a “can do” attitude, who are disciplined, hardworking and have a high level of commitment to be here on time and every day. No experience is necessary – we will provide all the training you’ll need.
- Ability to stand for long periods,
- Capable of lifting heavy objects,
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment,
- Capable of performing repetitive, physical work,
- Flexible to work in any area of the facility,
- Able to communicate effectively and respectfully with team,
- Able to learn and apply new concepts quickly,
- Steel toed shoes/boots are a must, other PPE provided
- Able to meet individual and production deadlines daily.
- Morning shift: Monday to Friday (6:00am-2:15pm)
- Afternoon shift: Monday to Thursday (2:30pm-10:45pm)
Pay Rate: $19.00 – $19.75 per hour
Please apply with your resume to [email protected] , we look forward to your future at Phantom where we can create an inclusive workplace to achieve our shared goals.
Note: This is an on-site job, so all applicants should be locally available and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Product Design Engineer
We are looking for a Product Design Engineer to help us keep delivering the amazing retractable screens that we have built our reputation on for over 29 years. We are looking for someone who will create new innovative designs and improve existing items and systems.
This successful candidate will apply established engineering and manufacturing principles to the design and development of new products, the modification of existing products, manufacturing equipment, measuring equipment, and supporting processes.
- Define functional design requirements, collaborate on DFMA and CTQ requirements, generate design concepts, and recommend product design approaches necessary to meet requirements for new and improved products.
- Review vendor drawings to ensure initial quality assurance and appropriate specifications and tolerances are defined; provide support in developing a measurement methodology to ensure compliance.
- Create new and maintain existing drawings in the CAD data base and develop/maintain accurate and detailed technical support documentation.
- Ensure all product designs meet test specifications as appropriate to minimize product liability exposure and ensure adequate performance to the customer (includes existing products, non-standard requests, product changes and new products).
You should have:
- A degree or diploma in an engineering or associated discipline.
- A minimum of five years related work experience in product engineering and manufacturing technologies, including designing and testing products.
- A strong understanding and application of manufacturing processes, quality control processes, methods, and techniques.
- Experience in project management and economic analysis is an advantage.
- Superior computer skills using Microsoft Office and SolidWorks programs.
If this is something you are looking for as your next professional milestone, go through the full job description and drop us a line at [email protected] with your updated resume.
Systems Administrator / Project Manager
Phantom Screens is growing fast, and we need our technology, networking, and Infrastructure to keep pace with us.
We are looking for someone who can flex their IT Infrastructure and Systems Administration muscles in a challenging, friendly, and fast-paced environment. If you are able to bring a creative and dynamic approach to your work as a Systems Administration Manager, then we have the job for you!
The Systems Administration Manager will work closely with VP Technology Solutions, managing server administration and providing leadership in the development and implementation of system and security standards.
- Develop operational plans, set priorities, and manage the implementation through external and internal technical resources.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, ensuring all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Serve as a project manager, creates project documents, including plans, schedule and task lists and manage resource allocations, schedules, and risk.
- Manage Corporate Systems – all servers and workstations to ensure the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Manage Cyber Security – establishing security requirements, implementing network security policies, monitoring traffic for suspicious activity, configuring and supporting security tools, identifying threats, updating disaster recovery protocols and training employees in security awareness/procedures.
- A minimum of 4 years post-secondary education in Computer Information Technology & Systems (incorporating Microsoft PC & Server OS’s, networking, Active Directory, IIS, MS Office, MSSQL, SQL, Crystal Reports).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management & system support role, preferably within the field of manufacturing.
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary education in a Systems development role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred; however, skills and abilities come first
So, check out the detailed job description and drop us a line with your resume at [email protected]. If we fit together well, then we’ll look forward to chatting with you.
National Retail Sales & Admin Coordinator
We’re looking to hire someone with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, who can build/maintain positive relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts at all levels. Professional telephone manner with ability to diffuse customer conflict while facilitating/liaising with a variety of individuals in resolving time sensitive issues.
Network Retail Sales & Administration Coordinator is the primary administrator for NRS Sales across the USA and Canada and is responsible for ensuring that all NRS orders are submitted 100% accurately and in a timely manner to the distributor network.
- While being the first contact point for National Retail Sales stores for troubleshooting and customer care, the incumbent will be giving both timely and helpful information to the stores and to the distributor network.
- Providing secondary phone support backup for all phone lines
- Responsible for ensuring the Distributor network is aware of established program requirements (service times, background checks, store visits, etc.), maintaining applicable records, holding them accountable, assisting where necessary and reporting on compliance
- Responsible for maintaining databases to ensure accurate master store listings by account, display types, product lines, pricing and new stores
- Helping to improve processes and procedures to provide better and more reliable service
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- exceptional Data entry skills
- a professional and confident disposition
- accurate keyboarding skills at a speed of 45 wpm
- a working knowledge of MS Office
- demonstrated use of Excel at a basic level
People love working at Phantom Screens and we’re sure you will too. Take a look at the full job description and drop us a line with your most recent resume at [email protected]
Note: This is an on-site job, so all applicants should be locally available and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thanks to our sustained growth, we’re looking to bring a Production Supervisor to our team to help lead our branded value stream teams’ daily activities to meet our production requirements. Delivering quality is without question and above all, you’ll make sure our people are safe.
Besides being responsible for making our screens, you’ll ensure our company’s values and culture is part of who your team is – whether you’re running daytime or afternoon shifts. All because delivering a memorable customer experience is important to you.
Your responsibilities include:
- Planning & Staffing
- Education & Training
- Performance Measurement
- Discipline and Counsel
- Administration, including time keeping
- Production planning, execution, and reporting
Your experience and education include:
- Completion of the following post-secondary education (or equivalent): Supervisory Skills, Quality Assurance Fundamentals, MS Excel
- Achievement of any of the following designations are desirable: APICS CPIM
- Minimum 5 years in a production role with 2 years in a leadership role
- General: customer focused, flexible in work schedule, committed to self-development
- Leadership: lead by example, develop, coach, mentor, motivate and support
- Strong Communication Skills: verbal and written English, non-verbal, internal and external facing
- Strong Technology Skills: MS Windows and Office programs (especially Excel), ERP systems and typing.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift, 6:00 am to 2:15 pm
- Monday to Friday
Along with a comprehensive pay package, we offer
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- On-site parking
- Company events
So of you think this could be your next professional move, take a look at the job description and drop us a line at [email protected]. If we fit together well, then we’ll look forward to meeting you!
National Key Account Manager
Who we are?
Phantom Screens has been setting the bar for retractable screens for doors, windows, and outdoor spaces since we started the business in a single-car garage back in 1992. Over the years Phantom has excelled, expanded, and stayed laser-focused on our passion: making and installing the highest-quality retractable screens on the market. We have been the best and the only retractable screen company on the market that has been the gold standard in product quality and customer service, since we started. We’re building North America’s largest retractable screen manufacturing company and are in high growth mode enhancing lifestyle, which is where you come in.
What is the job?
The National Key Account Manager is a pivotal future forward role for Phantom, focused on seeking out and developing relationships with new Strategic Account targets, especially e-tailers and digital merchants. The role serves as the lead point of contact for our current strategic account portfolio, while managing, developing, reporting, learning, and adjusting strategic and tactical initiatives for them.
- Key Account ownership and interaction, ensuring needs are equally represented and aligned
- Develop new relationships and programs with targeted strategic accounts
- In collaboration with the Revenue Group, create, recommend, and implement annual and long-range strategic plans that support business development
- Focus on continuous improvement initiatives and account growth and retention
- Monitor, guide and support on targeted achievements, account performance and budget levels.
- Develop and manage revenue goals and Business Plans for strategic accounts.
- Assist in the creation and recommendation of the annual sales forecasts for strategic accounts for inclusion in the annual corporate budget
Who are you?
- Strong leadership skills, sound decision making and problem-solving abilities, who thinks outside the box
- Detailed knowledge of distribution networks, including a broad understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Organized, self starter who can juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Customer obsessed focus with ability to balance interests of both customer and Phantom effectively
- A positive and professional disposition with the ability to organize, be methodical and maintain composure under pressure; is able to accomplish multiple and changing priorities by appropriately structuring workflow.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an account management role of managing large-scale retailers, but especially e-tailers and digital merchants, including their digital transaction processes.
- Ability to travel extensively, having strong curiosity for new and unchartered territories, with a creative approach to uncovering the possibilities.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key customer stakeholders
- Solid track record of consistently meeting and exceeding KPI metrics
What we offer?
We are innovative, goal-oriented, and are always on the search for energetic and passionate people who are eager to learn and would like to have a rare opportunity to grow within one of Canada’s largest screen manufacturing companies.
Our team at Phantom is full of talented and passionate individuals who enjoy working collaboratively within a competitive environment. Here at Phantom, we will provide you support from the get-go to help you realize your potential. Each member of our team shares a mutual passion for their craft and are in constant pursuit of growing our customer base and growing with our customers. We embrace all kinds of challenges head-on.
Aside from an amazing company culture, we also offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans for you and your family.
If you’re looking for a role that will challenge you and provide an opportunity to expand your experience, then we’d love to hear from you!
Check out the full job description and drop us a line with your resumeat [email protected].
“What makes Phantom such a special place is the people.
From the very beginning, and right from the highest level in the organization, valuing of people has been an unwavering core value.
Because it is genuine and ingrained from the top down, it has attracted people who share those values, and the result is a company that has an incredible abundance of truly great people to work with.” Brent F. - VP Product (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2003)
“I am proud to say I work at Phantom Screens because the people here genuinely care about each other and it’s a fun atmosphere to work in. We have an incredible team that are dedicated and committed to working hard to achieve our goals. There’s lots of opportunities for advancement and development, and the variety of each job makes it great to work here! One aspect of my role that I really love is being involved in helping to create fun social events and fundraising opportunities that help “Make Life Better” for our employees and our community.” Dana B. - Manager, Office of the CEO (Wearing the Phantom pants 2002)
“In a short period of time, Phantom has given me numerous opportunities to grow and gain valuable experience in my field. Every day I work with people I trust, people who are hardworking, and people who are easy to get along with.” Brandon F. - HR Generalist (Wearing the Phantom pants since February 2021)
“The best thing about working at Phantom is the people I work with every day. I feel supported, when I don’t know something, others are always there to help. The culture is so unique, so many people from different life experiences and the respect for those differences make up the fabric of Phantom.” Meredith C. - Business Development Specialist (Wearing the Phantom pants since June 2020)
“Having worked at Phantom for over half my life, I must say, it has always been the people, the family feel of the company. It really is a second home.
There are always new opportunities and an ever-changing environment. Phantom has helped me advance both professionally as well as in my personal life.” Leon D. - Product Support Manager (Wearing the Phantom pants since 1997)
“Supporting each other through friendly and constructive feedback, makes it fun to work at Phantom!” Pete P. - Product Engineering Manager (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2018)
“We have a great team of people who care passionately about their work and the colleagues. We make really cool products that people can relate to and appreciate. Working for a growing and successful Canadian Manufacturing company on our beautiful West Coast is a real treat. The thing I enjoy the most about my role is getting to see people grow and develop and helping them along that career journey. Phantom has tonnes of potential and I look forward to helping it achieve that.” Stephen H. - Chief Supply Chain Officer (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2019)
“I never expected to be at Phantom long-term as I had plans to work as a pilot but having already experienced a little of what Phantom had to offer as an employer, I decided it would be the perfect place to rethink my future goals. Since then, I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Phantom as there are always ways to positively impact both those around me as well as those afar (Phantom has a wonderful focus on those in need and supports several charities).” Peter W. - Manufacturing Engineer (Wearing the Phantom pants since 2020)