We are seeking a motivated, energetic self-starter to join our company as a Shipping Supervisor. As part of our team, you’ll be responsible for the direction, organization, staffing and continuous improvement of all shipping and outbound logistics to ensure delivery of the Phantom Experience to our customers. As a key member of the Phantom Operations team, the Shipping Supervisor will provide leadership in the achievement of department goals, consistently demonstrate and encourage in others the organization’s core corporate values, and champion Phantom’s overall strategic vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, direct, manage and evaluate the personnel and operations of Phantom’s Shipping and Logistics Department.
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, Finished Goods inventory control & reporting.
- Monitor inventory levels for small parts and stock doors to ensure we achieve the fulfillment goals.
- Manage corporate & CUSMA regulatory compliance & work with Customs Broker to ensure compliance.
- Stay informed of advances in logistics technology and approaches and apply within the organization to improve logistics processes.
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance in alignment with established goals.
- Oversee organization wide management freight providers. Cultivate and manage vendor relationships.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with common carriers to support required transportation requirements for material deliveries, inter warehouse transfers and outbound customer shipments.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Mature, confident and comfortable in dealing with a variety of contacts at all levels, particularly in negotiating contracts in a cost competitive market.
- Superior computer skills, including hands-on experience in the use of an integrated ERP system and use of Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in the application Lean Manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree/College Diploma in a relevant field
- Operations Management Diploma
- Achievement of the following designations are also desirable:
- CITT-Certified Logistics Professional (CCLP)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional/APICS
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management
- Minimum 3 years Logistics Management experience in a manufacturing setting, including team leadership, contract negotiation, LTL & Couriers, 3rd Party Logistics, and warehousing