Our retractable screens are loved by homeowners across North America. But to make these amazing screens we need the right materials at the right price and at the right time. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior Buyer to join our Materials Team. The Senior Buyer works within predefined parameters in the prompt and efficient procurement of materials, services, and supplies. This includes analysing historical and forecast demand for key commodities, placing purchase orders and expediting items required for production, maintenance and general use.
As well as the ability to interpret, understand and act upon written instructions, we’re looking for someone who can communicate and deal with all contacts (internal and external) in a professional and efficient manner, interacting daily with suppliers and section Team Leads; ensures the safe handling of all materials, and completes all related documentation promptly and accurately. Superior time management skills and keen attention to detail are a must for this position.
Overview of some position requirements:
- Intermediate/Advanced use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, especially MS Excel.
- Experience of MRP/ERP software programs
- Completed or working towards APICS or SCMP designation will be preferable.
- Completed Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing purchasing experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Proven capability of managing and leading suppliers.