We’d love to pretend that nothing ever goes wrong at our manufacturing facility! But sometimes it does and that’s why we are seeking a jack-of-all-trades maintenance technician to join our growing team.
The successful person will be able to leap into action on all kinds of preventative and reactive maintenance work for properties, buildings, fixed and mobile equipment and hand tools. They’ll be detailed oriented and have a passion for delivering great service. Based at our facility in Abbotsford, this is a permanent position with full time hours Monday to Friday.
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s Licence together with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate proficiently using the English language, both orally and in writing
- Basic electrical knowledge (AC and DC)
- Flexibility to work an irregular work schedule in order to complete non-routine maintenance tasks
- Achievement of Grade 12 Diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum three years of experience in mechanical or automotive or production equipment maintenance and repair
- Operator Certification in the use of Counterbalanced and Narrow Isle forklifts and Powered Pallet Trucks
Some nice to haves:
- Minimum two years of experience performing mobile equipment maintenance and repair
- One year of experience performing property and landscaping maintenance and repair
- One year of experience performing hand tool maintenance and repair
- Accurate keyboarding skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook; Word; Excel)
- WHIMIS training
- Ives or equivalent Instructor Certification for lift trucks
- Welder “C” Ticket or equivalent
- Rigging and Hoisting Certificate
So, if you meet the requirements and qualifications posted above, we’d love to hear from you.